Parent Literacy Leadership Corps
These resources include materials to help strengthen students’ skills.
• Story Reading Guides: You can use with ANY story, including stories you watch on TV!
• Short Stories: Your child can read any story with each story reading guide, including the Short Stories we include in this resource section. Most of the stories are fables so that your child can improve skills and focus on important life lessons.
• Vocabulary Lists: Your child can use these to write and draw to develop a bigger vocabulary.
• Chicago Readings: Help your child learn more about your city and improve skills to read history.
• Writing Guides: Your child can use these to write about stories and television programs and your own family.
Story Reading Guides
Word Bank - Seasons/Weather: English/Spanish
Chicago Environment Timeline: English/Spanish
Chicago Transportation Timeline: English/Spanish