Parent University Mission and Vision
To provide parents/community with experiences intended to support a new outlook on education and the learning process that will transfer into positive outcomes for our students.
CPS Parent Universities and Engagement Centers are designed to support the District's five principles of parent and community engagement:
- Principle One: Provide opportunities for parents and community to engage in the learning process.
- Principle Two: Provide opportunities for parents and community to be active participants in the education of our students.
- Principle Three: Design programs that encourage parents and community to pursue extended growth opportunities.
- Principle Four: Create an environment for parents and community that provides access to needed services and resources.
- Principle Five: Develop systems for parents and community to have clear communication with the school district, providing access to system-wide initiatives and current practices.