The Office of Local School Council Relations provides support and technical assistance to Local School Councils (LSCs) as they carry out the responsibilities of local school governance in four principle areas:
- Approving the school-based academic plan (CIWP)
- Approving the alignment of budgetary resources to the CIWP
- Engaging in the annual evaluation of contract principal’s professional practices
- Selecting or renewing contract principals
Our vision is to have Local School Councils working collaboratively with principals in order to improve student achievement.
- Ensure that LSCs function effectively and efficiently by expanding communication efforts and providing support and technical assistance to LSCs.
- Maintain LSCs by conducting LSC Elections every two years.
- Support a district-wide Local School Council Advisory Board (LSCAB) to provide feedback on LSCs and stay informed on district-wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with key CPS departments and external partners in order to maximize supports for LSCs and ensure LSCs receive accurate District information, trainings, and technical assistance in a timely manner.
- Network 4: Eduardo Camacho | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-251-5617
- Network 3 & 5: Veronica Derden-Jackson | email@example.com | 773-230-5406
- Network 1: Luis Garcia-Juarez | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-551-9268
- Network 12: Gregory Gray | email@example.com | 773-844-0268
- Network 11 & 13: Toylee Green-Harris | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-383-7286
- Network 8 & 10: Jose Ortiz | email@example.com | 773-225-4839
- Network 2 & 9: Marcus Pittman | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-841-6017
- Network 6 & 7: Julissa Cruz | email@example.com | 773-844-2954
- Dr. Guillermo “Willy” Montes de Oca | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-316-2682